Nolan & Charlie
We adopted Nolan and Charlie this past weekend and we couldn't be happier with our decision!! Daniel and Doug were remarkable throughout the process and it was obvious to us that the pups came from a family oriented environment where the early foundation for potty training and socialization had already been instilled. We appreciated the consistent communication and seamless adoption process. And of course we are most grateful and elated about our newest family members!! Thank you!!
What is a Morkie puppy?
Morkie puppies are a mix breed that appeared in U.S.A, from the mixture of two purebreds Yorkshire Terrier and the Maltese.They are small, can grow up to 4-12 pounds, very social especially with children but they don’t like strangers and they react very vehemently when they see a stranger or a person that looks strange. Their first reaction will be a very noisy bark. A Morkie puppy can be very stubborn but also can be very loyal, having a great attachment for his owner and hate to be alone.
They are healthy dogs if you take good care of them, but can also have some genetic diseases, like chronic heart diseases, tracheal collapse and eyes problems. They need exercise even if they are very little, like the Maltese breed, so if you are a busy person you should rethink owning a Morkie puppy. They can resemble with both of the purebreds, but also they can look more like a Yorkie or a Maltese. They hate cold and heat so he may have breathing problems, if you take him in the winter for long walks. They are great domestic dog, but don’t worry, you will have also a guard dog even if you choose a Morkie puppy or a Yorkie one.
One of the disadvantages is that they like to destroy things, so be careful with his training, if you don’t want your house to fall apart, try to pay a lot of attention to his needs at most of all to his bad habits. To avoid them maybe you should buy him a lot of toys that he can chew while you are away.
So where can we find them? Morkie puppies for sale
If you want a happy and healthy Morkie, you should look for a Morkie breeder. You should also know that the price for a Morkie puppy is at least $700.
Top 7 distinct differences between the two breeds: Morkie and Yorkshire Terrier puppies
1. First of all a Morkie can be floppy just like the purebred Maltese, instead of a Yorkie puppy that is pointed;
2. Common colors for Morkie puppies are black, brown and white. The Yorkie breed alongside this colors have sterling steel, chocolate-brown;
3. They both have long, shiny, silky coat, but the Yorkshire terrier coat splits on the middle, exactly where the spine is, and also have lively tuft on the top of the head;
4. The Morkies are very friendly and confident, they don’t like strangers but their reaction is only a noisy bark instead of the Yorkshire Terrier that can be quite mischievous;
5. Prices: a Morkie puppy can be $700 or even higher, a Yorkshire Terrier is at least $750 and the price can go a lot more up, even $2500;
6. Morkies can resemblance more with a Maltese, that are great with kids, don’t bark a lot, also the only two colors accepted are white and ivory;
7. The common diseases in Morkies are eyes problems, instead of the Yorkshire Terrier has a lot of problems with their teeth so they need to be brushed very often.
They are incredible dogs, great with children and family and no matter what breed you choose you will be very happy after.